Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chicken Coop Updates

Guest Post from my wife April


The chickens took a few days to finally venture out but they did! They just kept looking out the exit and seriously were so confused. I was out with them this morning and they were pecking and running.  Hubby did a great job with the nesting boxes and across from them their roosting stations.  Every morning I come out and open the windows and they are all bunched up together.


Still working on the coop but Monday it was ready to house the chickens securely.  The siding is partially up on the front entry, yay, my job this weekend is to use my new saw and get cutting and laying the the siding.  Look for an awesome review for the Rockwell Bladerunner!


Hubby going to put some vintage knobs on these for opening, really easy to get the eggs out!


I have two of these funny little looking ladies.  I think they are the Polish Breed.  I am thinking Buff Laced Polish breed.  I know many of my readers have chickens so please if you know what I have, awesome!


The run was put together on the last day.  It is fully screened on all sides as well as the top.  The bunny hutch and run is not enclosed on top and the bunnies are not put in at night, they come and go as they please basically.  We have never had them attacked.  I think it is the placement of the hutch.  This coop is away from house and not as guarded.  There is a huge tree next to it and several trees and land.  A good place for a predators to come out of.  The locks are all secure with added closures.


I was sitting in the run bonding with the chickens when we heard some major squawking, maybe a hawk or the crazy Blue Jays.  This little lady immediately started getting to higher ground.  They were all aware of the noise. How cute are they?  Okay, heading out now to check on them.  


0 comments :

Post a Comment